Each Friday we’ll post all the latest news in the music industry so your Happy Hour lingo stays tight.
- New Apple Technology Could Disable Your Camera During Concerts | Complex
The technology works using infrared signals. Realistically, there is no current evidence that Apple actually plans to use this technology.
- George W. Bush, Taylor Swift and Chris Brown React to Kanye’s ‘Famous’ Video | The Boom Box
Taylor Swift: She is bewildered, feels betrayed and is beyond frustrated with Kanye.
- Could This Be the End of Paul Simon’s Rhymin’? | NY Times
Simon: “It’s an act of courage to let go.”
- Video: Behind the Scenes footage of GnR in Detroit | Guns N Roses Latin America
- Colts Owner Jim Irsay Buys Prince Cloud Guitar for $137,500 | | Reverb
- Watch Pharrell Sing With Elmo and Cookie Monster on “Sesame Street” | YouTube
- Kayne West and Adidas Launch New Brand | MTV
Deal includes Yeezy retail stores.
- Van Morrison announces new album, Keep Me Singing | CoS
The songwriter’s 36th studio album spans 13 tracks and includes a blues cover.
- Stream Snoop Dogg’s new “Coolaid” Album | DL
- DMX Reconciles with Drake and Drops New Album ‘Blood Red’ | Rap Up
- Elvis Presley Guitarist and Right-Hand Man Scotty Moore Has Died | SPIN
- Watch Kaleo on ‘Vinyl’ Spot, Icelandic Fans, American Blues | Rolling Stone
Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese, co-creators of HBO’s Vinyl, were so impressed by Kaleo’s “No Good” that they requested to use the blues-rock hit on their show
- Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Chad Smith performs with street musicians in London | CoS
- Future is on the cover of this month’s Rolling Stone magazine | Rolling Stone
Future: Syrup, Strippers and Heavy Angst With the Superstar MC
- Review of Blink 182’s new album ‘Californication’ | Rolling Stone
- Lady Gaga Banned from China for Meeing with Dalai Lama | Cos
- Prince’s Purple Rain Motorcycle Jacket and Ruffled Shirt Up on eBay | Pitchfork
- Watch Birdman Insist to ESPN That He Literally Sleeps on $1 Million in Cash | Pitchfork
“I still sleep on a million dollars cash. That’s just a fatuation for me in life. I do that and I’mma do that until I die.”
- Metallica Star in Hilarious Luxury Menswear Campaign | Pitchfork
- Suge Knight Suing Chris Brown for Nightclub Shooting | Boom Box
- LISTEN TO MAXWELL’S FIRST ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS, ‘BLACKSUMMERS’ NIGHT’ | The Source
- Lawyer Who Sued Led Zeppelin Suspended From Practicing Law | Billboard
- Freddie Gibbs Appeals Extradition to Austria Amid Rape Accusations | Boom Box
- Ludacris Is Playing a 4th of July Show at Guantanamo Bay | Boom Box
It’s quite hilarious that it’s called the ‘Freedom Festival’
- Rock Stars Before They Were Famous | SF Gate
Drake, Eminem, Bieber, Elvis, Jay-Z, so many great ones.
Guess who??? (Drake)